Tuesday, January 25, 2011

~Alec's Birthday Photo Shoot~

My darling boy is now FOUR years old.  I can't believe it!  FOUR?  When did that happen?  
I asked him "Seriously when did you get so big?!?"
He matter-of-factly replied "In December, Mom.  On my birthday!"
 He takes his roll playing very serious these days.  I think he's quite believable as Batman.
 But he can still be cute as can be, all giggles, smiles, and silliness.  
 And when I look in his eyes I can still see that he's so good and happy, just as a four year old little boy should be.  It makes me feel like we must be doing something right as parents.
Dearest Alec,
        I'm so happy you came to our family.  You were my very first baby, making me a mommy.  I still remember when you were so very tiny, fitting into my arms.  I kept calling you lovely.  I couldn't take my eyes off of you.  You were so perfect in every way.
        Now you are my big boy, my super hero, my big helper.  You still fit into my arms, with your legs wrapped tightly around my waist.  Your nose kisses melt my heart and when you absent minded-ly play with my hair or lay your head on my shoulder during storytime my heart smiles.  I love talking to you, answering your questions, and watching your personality grow.  You are such an intelligent person.
        You are so good to your sisters.  I love that you've made it a personal goal to get Cordy to laugh every day.  I hope you keep that goal for a long long time.  I love that you play with Elyssa for hours on end every day and teach her so much.  They are so lucky to have you and likewise you are so lucky to have them!  In fact, I still think you are the luckiest boy in the whole wide world.
        You're such a handsome, bright, unique little boy.  You have a budding imagination, and sometimes I am floored by the things you do and say.  I can't help but giggle when you run around in just your hat, boots and underwear, singing your own made-up superhero soundtrack to your life.  It reminds me of how fun it was to have little brothers.  You want to make good choices and it makes me so proud when you do.  I'll love you forever, my dearest Alec.  Though you may be growing up, know that you'll always be my baby, and I'll always be your mommy and I love you no matter what.  Thank you for being my little boy.
  
Love always and forever,
Your Mommy

3 comments:

Erin Starks-Teeter said...

What an awesome little super hero!

Kelly said...

Ahhh! He IS such a sweet boy. We sure love Alec too!

pianomom said...

I miss you:-)

Big Brother.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Big Sister.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Sister.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers