Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Picture of the Week: July 22-28

Yea, I still don't have time to write about the Great American Road Trip, but soon! For now you all can have a peek at things to come with the picture of the week.... and the winner is....

I call this "Generational Hodge Podge".
This picture is a 5 generation photo... minus my grandma or grandpa... See, that is my Grammie (my great grandma) who is the mother of my Grandpa (who is not pictured) who is the father of my dad (versus my mother who is actually in the photo). THAT is why I call is generational hodge podge. I love love my Grammie and always have. Visiting her this summer was a very important part of the Great American Road Trip because I wanted to make sure she met my babies before her 90th! Can you believe that beautiful woman will turn 90 this year? Amazing! How lucky am I to have a Great Grandma! Even more so, how many kids can say they've met their Great Great Grandma?! My babies are so blessed. I have wonderful, tender memories and feelings towards my Grammie. I think of her and my mind travels back in time to a strawberry kitchen, rooms full of beautiful dolls, and warm summer days eating watermelon and southern style biscuits and gravy.... What are some of your favorite grandparent memories?

3 comments:

Ben said...

Glad you made it there safe and sound. Can't wait to hear all about your road trip:) Love the pictures. So PRICELESS!

Matt and Erin said...

Chrissy, I always love your picture of the week. What a great idea.

pianomom said...

Chrissy,
Did you send this one to Grammie? If not, can you email it to Grandma Joan?
Love,
Mom

Big Brother.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Big Sister.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Sister.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers