Thursday, May 12, 2011

~"I Just Love Those Bloody Hearts, Mom!"~

That's exactly what the boy said!  
 He's been helping me in the yard a lot this year.  He probably knows as much about flowers as I do.
He says he likes the white best probably because pink is Elyssa's favorite, but I see him eyeing the pink ones the most.  It makes sense to me!  The pink ones look the most like "bloody hearts". :-)
Bleeding Hearts are some of my favorite Spring flowers too.  
They come back every year and have a sort of whimsical look to them.  
Perfect for this time of year. :-)

9 comments:

Kelly said...

I've always loved them too!! They were my favorite flowers in my yard growing up. Every time I see them at your house it reminds me of home. Especially the pink ones!

Tiffany said...

Great photos and a funny kid, just as life in the Parkinson home should be.

pianomom said...

I wish mine would grow better, but I think they don't like the dirt where they are. Grandma Marion got such a kick out of Alec's comment:-)

Erin Starks-Teeter said...

Go Alec! Way to help out.

Live Out Loud said...

Your front yard and your house are beautiful...I am jealous. Our front yard is "taken care of" by our HOA...it always looks terrible. They don't do much more than cut the lawn and break the water pipes below the ground doing it. Seriously, they are a joke...I would rather pay them NOT to touch my lawn...I would get mad, but I don't have the time and we DON'T play out front any way (we live in south Phoenix, where there are lots of weirdos--rapists, pedophiles, people who steal, others who just use terrible language and/or drive too fast...). We need to paint the outside of our home, but I keep thinking that we are going to move within 5 years anyway, and since we spend our time inside or out back, we should just let the next guys worry about it. Anyway, I really don't mean to complain. I like most things about my home and my life in Phoenix, but the front side of my home is not one of them and looking at your cute little 50+ year old house (I like old homes way more than new ones) makes me wish that mine were a bit easier on the eyes...oh well. We too have had a nightmare of a time with tomatoes here...different issues...mostly some weird tobacco virus (I think)...hopefully this year will be our tomatoe year (and if it is not, I will be grateful that we can and do grow about everything else in abundance ALL year long)...I wish you luck in your tomatoe growing endeavors.

Live Out Loud said...

Your front yard and your house are beautiful...I am jealous. Our front yard is "taken care of" by our HOA...it always looks terrible. They don't do much more than cut the lawn and break the water pipes below the ground doing it. Seriously, they are a joke...I would rather pay them NOT to touch my lawn...I would get mad, but I don't have the time and we DON'T play out front any way (we live in south Phoenix, where there are lots of weirdos--rapists, pedophiles, people who steal, others who just use terrible language and/or drive too fast...). We need to paint the outside of our home, but I keep thinking that we are going to move within 5 years anyway, and since we spend our time inside or out back, we should just let the next guys worry about it. Anyway, I really don't mean to complain. I like most things about my home and my life in Phoenix, but the front side of my home is not one of them and looking at your cute little 50+ year old house (I like old homes way more than new ones) makes me wish that mine were a bit easier on the eyes...oh well. We too have had a nightmare of a time with tomatoes here...different issues...mostly some weird tobacco virus (I think)...hopefully this year will be our tomatoe year (and if it is not, I will be grateful that we can and do grow about everything else in abundance ALL year long)...I wish you luck in your tomatoe growing endeavors.

Live Out Loud said...

Your front yard and your house are beautiful...I am jealous. Our front yard is "taken care of" by our HOA...it always looks terrible. They don't do much more than cut the lawn and break the water pipes below the ground doing it. Seriously, they are a joke...I would rather pay them NOT to touch my lawn...I would get mad, but I don't have the time and we DON'T play out front any way (we live in south Phoenix, where there are lots of weirdos--rapists, pedophiles, people who steal, others who just use terrible language and/or drive too fast...). We need to paint the outside of our home, but I keep thinking that we are going to move within 5 years anyway, and since we spend our time inside or out back, we should just let the next guys worry about it. Anyway, I really don't mean to complain. I like most things about my home and my life in Phoenix, but the front side of my home is not one of them and looking at your cute little 50+ year old house (I like old homes way more than new ones) makes me wish that mine were a bit easier on the eyes...oh well. We too have had a nightmare of a time with tomatoes here...different issues...mostly some weird tobacco virus (I think)...hopefully this year will be our tomatoe year (and if it is not, I will be grateful that we can and do grow about everything else in abundance ALL year long)...I wish you luck in your tomatoe growing endeavors.

Live Out Loud said...

I have NO idea why my comment posted twice. Sorry about that.

Live Out Loud said...

Wait...it posted three times? Weird!

Big Brother.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Big Sister.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Sister.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers