Sunday, May 1, 2011

~An "Auntie" Dress, A Silly Boy, and A New Hairstyle~

Thanks to Auntie Erin, this little lady has a new favorite dress.  
When she puts this one on she actually KEEPS it on all day long (as compared to her usual 4-6 outfit changes a day). 
When a friend asked me where I got it I told her it was a gift from Auntie Erin.  She replied "I thought it was an 'Auntie dress'!"  
Aunties always pick out the coolest clothes.
This is my silly boy.  He wanted in on the picture taking action.  I'm pretty sure he was wearing "Auntie clothes" underneath his hoodie too: A bright yellow soccer shirt and matching grey with yellow side striped soccer shorts. 
 Auntie Erin understands my boy's taste in clothes soooo well.  
He actually really appreciates it. :-)
While blog hopping a few weeks ago I came across a hair blog full of posts with different hairstyle ideas for little girls.  I was crazy overwhelmed by most of them, knowing I would never show that blog to Lyssa or she would want me to do all of them and I would find myself even more tempted to chop her long hair off.  
I keep trying to convince Lyssa we should cut her hair so Cordy can't yank on it all the time and make her scream death.  The cycle gets old really fast.
This was the only new 'do' that I looked at and thought "I can do that! How cute!"  Lyssa actually really likes it and it takes me a fraction of the time I would spend on french braids.  Cute hair and less time?  Plus it keeps her hair out of her face and Cordy can't yank on it all the time?  Sounds perfect. 
So there you have it: An Auntie Dress, A Silly Boy, and a New Hairstyle.  
All three make me pretty happy. :-)

5 comments:

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Great job on the hair!

Erin Starks-Teeter said...

They are oh so cute. What a great photo shoot.

The Halls said...

Cute, cute!! Love the dress and the new hair due.

Michelle said...

I LOVE that long hair. Don't chop it off!!!

pianomom said...

I do love the hair, and when I had Erin's hair cut when she was 3 I regretted it. That's a great hairstyle, and your kids are SOOOO cute!

Big Brother.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Big Sister.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Sister.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers