Saturday, April 28, 2012

~Kansas City Temple Openhouse~

We were excited to take our kids down to the Kansas City, Missouri Temple open house.
Someone was a little grumpy after the three hour drive, but it didn't last long.
My munchkins.
Alec was polite and reverent and such a good, helpful big brother. When I asked him about our visit he told me he felt happy inside while we were in the temple, and that the feeling was the Holy Spirit. So sweet. :-)
Elyssa was soooo excited to go to the temple and wanted to wear 'ALL WHITE!" I told her it was okay to wear her black dress. :-) Her favorite room was the Celestial room. She was in awe and thought it was "beautiful". As we left the sealing room she told me she wanted to get married there in that "same room in the same temple someday." I said "sounds like a good plan." :-)
All through the preview video in the church building she kept pointing to the screen and excitedly squealing "Temple! Temple!" Her favorite part of the open house were the beautiful Jesus paintings. "Jesus!"
I brought the wrong lens along for this little road trip, but still thought this one was a keeper.

1 comment:

The Halls said...

What a wonderful experience and I loved what Lyssa & Alec had to say. You're teaching them well!

Big Brother.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Big Sister.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Sister.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers