Saturday, April 30, 2011

~29 Never Looked So Good~

And I'm not just talking about the homemade devils food cake!  
I'm talking about my handsome birthday boy!  On April 13th, amidst finals, a new class, work, and catching up from a recent trip to Brazil we celebrated Nick's 29th year of life.
We had a yummy family breakfast, met up for lunch at McDonalds, and spent the evening playing together as a family and barbecuing on the deck.  Then on to VIP and presents!
Nick actually put a lot of thought into what he wanted to get the kids this year for his birthday.  They would have been excited for almost any gift, but he really went above and beyond, picking out the perfect gifts for each of them.  They were ecstatic and I was so impressed.
We of course ended the evening with the kids with Happy Birthday singing and chocolate cake.  Yummm!  After the kiddos were fast asleep in their beds we disappeared for the rest of the evening on a hot date to the movies.  
(Thanks a million, Sara, for staying with our sleeping babes!)
Throughout the course of the day I sent Nick 29 text messages with things that I love about him.  While I won't get so personal here on the blog, it was nice to really spend the time remembering and reminding HIM just how wonderful we all know he is and how lucky I am to be part of his life and call myself his wife.  
We love you, dear Nicholas!  
Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Erin Starks-Teeter said...

Good job on that picture of Lyssa with the Rapunzel doll. Her facial expression makes her look a lot like the doll. It's really funny. :-)

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Nick you don't look a day older than 22! Hope you had a great day celebrating in between the craziness of life.

pianomom said...

Yes, Nick is an amazing guy! He looks better every year:-)

Big Brother.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Big Sister.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Sister.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers