To kick off my exciting birthday weekend we had a few fun traditions to take care of before climbing in the car. VIP for me and Backwards Birthday gifts all around. The kids were thrilled with the things I got them for my birthday, and their kind and loving words melted my heart.
Then we all got ready, loaded up the car and head out. It wasn't until I got in the car that I realized we were about to embark on a drive across 5 states. FIVE STATES with no overnight stops. Yes, we are completely crazy. We did decided to make an evening pit stop in Moline, Illinois, home of the John Deere world headquarters. The kid loved all the giant tractors and the awesome giftshop where you can get all things John Deere. The tractor lovers in our family were in Heaven!
We spent a couple hours walking around, eating, and getting ready to plunge head first into the long part of our drive. I think the kids had no idea what they were in for, and really neither did we.
It seemed like we drove and drove and drove forever. Around 2 AM Lyssa woke up and started screaming about how she wanted to go home and just wanted to lay down in a bed. There really was nothing we could do for her as she screamed off and on for two hours straight. I thought I was about to go crazy! Luckily Alec and Cordy somehow managed to tune her out and slept through it all. Shortly after Lyssa feel asleep again I woke up to Alec gagging so I grabbed a bag, and dove across the car to him. (Exciting stuff, these car rides! It sure got my adrenaline pumping!) I think we passed about 100 police cars during the night. Then at a certain point Nick got sick. Then I got sick, but man, the scenery of Pennsylvania was amazing! I think Iowa is green, but we have nothing compared to those beautiful hills.
After 20 hours of riding in the car, we pulled up to Erin and Ryan's beautiful apartment in New Jersey and collapsed on their living room floor. Never has a hard floor felt soooo comfortable! We were exhausted, but sooo happy to be out of the car and just miles away from the Big Apple!!!!






2 comments:
Nick collapsed on our living room floor. Those kids wouldn't rest for anything when they got to my house. They were too pumped.
Honestly, I do think you all are crazy! Isn't it great?
Post a Comment