Wednesday, February 16, 2011

~Engagement Photos~

I did a post about our anniversary back in November and mentioned that I never got our engagement photos digitized.  It turns out my dear photographer, an old roommate, reads my blog and sent the pictures CDs to me!  What a great friend, eh? 
Thanks a million, Adrienne!
When Nick and I were getting married we had ZERO money, so it was all about cutting costs.   One of my fabulous roommates, had a nice film camera and offered to take the pictures for us.  We bought 6 rolls of really really nice film (some color and some black and white) and headed out to the Bridal Veil Falls trail with her on a Saturday morning for a few hours.
I don't even know if we paid Adrienne for her time.  Then I took all the film and had it developed and she had a CD made from the negatives.  I thought she did an amazing job, especially considering there was nothing touched up.  These are just the pure images she captured with her old film camera. 
It was so fun going through all of these and picking out my favorite photos.  Some of them I had completely forgotten existed even though I know I have them all printed off somewhere....
We used the top right one in the collage above for our wedding announcements.  I like it, but at the time I think I was more excited about the picturesque background, and in all honesty I didn't really know what I wanted, what my style was.  I just did what other people told me to do.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I just had my roommates vote on their favorite picture and that's what we used.  I've told Nick so many times that if I had it all to do over again I would do a lot of things differently.  Like I would probably pick this picture below for all our wedding announcements because to me it's a better representation of who we are... casual, barefoot, snuggled up laughing and smiling from ear to ear.
I must say, though, that the one thing I would not change if I had it all to do over again is marry Nick.  That was one of the best decisions I've ever made in my entire life, and I thank my lucky stars that I had the sense to marry such an amazing guy... even when I was young and naive and blinded by romance.  
 I love you a little more every day, Mr. Blue Eyes.

6 comments:

melissa ( : said...

Oh so cute!!!

You have the most amazing hair, Chrissy. It is so beautiful!

Erin Starks-Teeter said...

You two are so cute!

Michelle said...

I LOVE that last one! Such a cute couple! (Thought it the day you met...still think so!)

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

I agree with you. The last photo is pure Nick and Chrissy-ness. Miss you guys!

Kylen and Adrienne said...

You are very kind, Chrissy...it was totally you two that made them look good.

pianomom said...

Marvelous photography. Some photographers don't know that good photography means capturing the best of the realness (as opposed to reality) of the subject. Chrissy, I agree with you, and I thank my lucky stars, too!

Big Brother.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Big Sister.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Sister.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers