Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Our Trip to Family

WARNING: So this post is definately more of a family journal post and not so much a fun to read post. Feel free to skip down to the pictures and ignore my long winded play by play of our vacation. :-)
Our trip out to Utah was soooo much fun! It was so nice to see all of our family. We didn't have to do much... just be together and I was happy.

Nick's Excitment on The Trip!
Nick and my dad and brother, Alan, all went down to Moab the day after we got there. They road bikes on the slick rock trail and Nick said it was one of the most physically exhausting things he's ever done. He only fell off a few times and was pretty sore the next day, but seemed to have enjoyed it. For the most part he came home battle wound free... other than the nasty sunburn on the back of his legs.
Nick's family also came in town that Saturday for Elyssa's baby blessing. Nick was very happy to see his parents and brothers and sisters. Nichelle and Lael and Stuart stayed at my parents house with us so we were able to spend the most time with them. Saturday night we went out to dinner with all the siblings too and it was fun to chat with everyone and watch Alec and Shayden interact (now that they're older and more aware of each other). They all came over that night and chatted for a little bit, and we got to spend time with them Sunday morning after the baby blessing as well. Each time we have to say goodbye we are reminded of just how far away we are from family and how much we love and miss them.

Chrissy's Fun!
While Nick was gone I spent time with my siblings and the kids! I got to go DI hunting with Robert, and I took Michael out to get a needed haircut and get Jamba. I LOVE Jamba Juice. In fact, I crave it all the time and wish Des Moines had something like it. For now I'll just have to settle with the occasional smoothie I make from Costco frozen fruit. :-) I had a great visit with my friend, Nicole, and got to see a few more good friends while there, which is always fun. I also went rock climbing with my sister! I haven't been rock climbing in a LONG time... like since my freshman year of college. Needless to say I felt like a total wimp. My sister was doing 5.10 climbs and I could hardly handle a 5.6, but she was very patient with me. Nick, Robert, and I also went to DI in American Fork and I totally hit the jackpot! I bought tons of cute shirts and some pants for me for the next year. I got summer clothes and a few things for fall for the kids, and Nick even found a few gems. Another thing I LOVE is DI. I have to admit that 80% of my wardrobe comes from DI... and it's been that way since I was 14! Needless to say it was great.
The morning before we left Nick and I left the babies with Grandma and Robert and went to the Provo temple. We got to do sealings together, which was a wonderful experience. Once upon a time we went to the temple every month. Then it turned into every few months, and since we've moved here it's every time I go to Utah... which isn't very often. I felt very blessed to have family so willing to babysit my kids so I could go to the temple with Nick and not have to worry about a thing. What a beautiful place the temple is.

Alec and Elyssa's Fun!
My kids were on cloud NINE the entire time we were there. Alec and Elyssa loved getting so much attention from so many people. Alec never even had a chance to tare up the house or get into things because there was always someone to entertain him! Elyssa smiled and cooed at anyone and everyone and made us all feel loved. She's quite the charmer already.
Alec also found a great love for Erin's brand new mini-cooper, Maggie. In fact, we laughed about how Alec knew Erin's car's name, but not Erin's name. Alec frequently walked around the house asking for Robert or Carson or Grandpa, and everyone was very happy and cheerful when Alec was around.
Alec's naps were all messed up out there because there was so much going on that he never wanted to stop. Finally one day after going and going and laughing and playing, he finally looked up at Grandma and said "nap". She laughed and put took him to the portacrib, where he slept soundly for 2 1/2 hours.
I don't think Elyssa had ever had so much attention at one time in her short life and she loved it! She played with everyone and loved reading books with Grandma. We may have another little book lover!
All in all the trip was a blast. The kids had fun, the grown ups had fun, and life was good! I will do another post with a few things from Elyssa's blessing, but for now just enjoy all the other pictures. :-)

Alec and Erin in "Maggieeeeeeeeeeeee!"
Grandpa Steve and Elyssa... she, too, loves Grandpa.

This could pass as an engagement photo... too bad it's three 1/2 years late!

I'm on top of the World... or maybe just the van...

Michael is always so much fun with my babies!

Robert, taking a snooze with Elyssa. What a sweet uncle!

Everyone loved Uncle Robert!

An updated Starks Family Photo!

My cousin, Carson was super helpful with the babies! What a cool guy, huh?

Elyssa and Grandma reading stories! Look how focused Elyssa is!

Elyssa, taking a nap in her favorite place, Grandma's arms.

Alec was constantly asking for "Grannpaaa!" and was very content to sit with him.

Alec and Shayden playing while the adults ate Goodwood Barbeque.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I can't wait to go to UT this summer.

melissa ( : said...

Miss you already!

Anonymous said...

I'm a firm believer that couples should take gorgeous pictures together multiple times every year for their entire marriage, not just for their engagement photos. :-)

-Erin

pianomom said...

I want my babies back! July is too far away:-(

Big Brother.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Big Sister.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Sister.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers