Thursday, September 15, 2011

~Utah Vacation 2011: Celebrating Grandpa Steve's Birthday~

Since we were traveling much of Grandpa Steve's birthday, we had a grand celebration the Sunday after we got home.  My parents and I took the little munchkins to church and then head home for some relaxation... and sword fighting.  Alec has sooo much fun with my brothers.  He is such a lucky guy.
While Grandpa was reading, and the boys were playing, what were all the rest of us doing?  Well, Lyssa was losing it a lot so she went down for a nap and Cordy hung out in the kitchen with us while we chatted and made yummy food.  
Then it was time to dine!  Grandma Marion came down to join us for dinner.  My mom made a chocolate cake a few days before with the kiddos and I made Sundried Tomato Pasta with chicken.  It is delicious!  
It just so happened that because of the weekend and my Dad's birthday celebration it worked out that all of my siblings were there at the same time.  Erin and I insisted upon a picture.  It's been a while since all 5 of us have been in a picture together.  Though I kind of think I look like I have poodle ears, I still love this picture because I absolutely love these people.  
Of course we had to get pictures of everyone after that.  I love that Alec and Lyssa climbed right up on the rock, wanting a picture of the themselves together.  They really are the best of friends.  My dad was really sweet with my kids during that long weekend to Idaho.  It makes me love this picture all the more.  And I always love a cute picture of my parents.  What kid doesn't??  
Then we were back inside for VIP time, where Grandpa Steve took notes of all the kind things we said about him in hopes of living up to those words in the following year.  My dad is a good man.
Oh, I did want to post this picture as well.  In fact, it may be one of my favorites from the entire trip!  Four generations of women: Grandma Marion, Grandma Shannon, me, and my little ladies.  Everyone looks so happy and Elyssa was sweet as can be with Grandma Marion.  She brought her a flower and climbed right up in her lap.  Considering we aren't around Grandma Marion very much I thought it was touching how kind and comfortable Lyssa is with her. 
Another fabulous vacation day... but don't fret.  There is still much more to come.  

Big Brother.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Big Sister.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Sister.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers