It's hard for me to photograph my own family. I usually end up hating the way I look, even if I like the way everyone else looks. Well, in September I decided to ask a talented photographer friend (Tara) to take some pictures for us. We had the date, time, location and outfits all set and then I found out it was going to be very cold. At 10 o'clock the night before I was scrambling around trying to find warm clothes. Nick thought I was a crazy person, crawling around our kids clothes bins in their closets with a flashlight. It's okay. I probably am crazy.
Our babies still love to fly.
When I saw the pictures I asked Nick "Is my hair really THAT long?" Turns out it is.
How Alec felt about having someone besides Mama take his picture.
I've been dreaming up our pictures at this location for almost a year... pretty much ever since my friend, Mandy, took her kids there for some pictures. I love this spot and have taken many of my own clients there ever since. Thanks, Tara, for taking the time to photography my crazy little family, documenting this time of our lives.
Expect to see some of these on our Christmas card!



















3 comments:
Super cute as always. Love the impromptu outfits...and envisioning you crawling in/out of your kids room with a flash light looking for clothes. :)
Yes, they are lovely. Such therapy for the beginning of the cold season.
I have similar sentiments about taking our own family photos. I still have not sprung for a professional to take the pics, but I do dream about it...the Blue Lillies and One Love Photography are both on the top of my list. For now we will do our best with the timer and/or the remote. These photos look lovely. The location is awesome.
Post a Comment