Friday, August 27, 2010

~Summer Vacation 2010: Family Cookout~

July 15, 2010
Franklin sits right at the opening of some beautiful canyons.  Before we had kids Nick and I went on many four wheeler rides up in those mountains, and though I've always been nervous on the four wheeler I couldn't resist the views!  Our canyon rides were non-existent this visit thanks to my ever expanding belly but I still got to go up once for a family cook out above Cub River.  The kids loved playing with there cousins, throwing rocks in the fast paced river.  Nick had a good time laughing with his siblings,  teaching Alec how to skip rocks, and trying to keep Lyssa from jumping in.
I enjoyed sitting back next to the fire, chatting with family, and eating yummy food.  Bratwurst cooked on a grill or over a fire is always a winner with me, and I firmly believe that smores are the perfect campfire dessert!  (I must note that the picture below of me chatting with Grandma Lael is probably the only picture of myself that I like from the entire summer.  Way to go, Grandpa Stuart!  It's hard to get flattering photos of me when this pregnant!)
The kids were way bummed out when they realized that we weren't camping out overnight up in the mountains, but still had a grand ole' time.  Luckily for them the Parkinson Family Reunion was the next day, which meant camping with Daddy!  Woohoo!!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

What fun! And I'm totally craving smores now...

Erin Starks-Teeter said...

You don't even look pregnant in that picture at all. I agree. Excellent job, Stuart.

Big Brother.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Big Sister.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Sister.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers