Monday, May 11, 2009

~Happy Mother's Day~

Last week I spent an hour writing cards to all the mothers in my life and wept.  That's right... not cried, but full on wept.

My Grammie, Margaret Eledge.... 
Mother of my Papa, grandmother to my dad, great grandmother to me, and great great grandmother to my babies.  The woman who (according to my father) passed on to me my passion and self determination.  A woman who has loved me since before I can remember, and I've always known it.

My Grandma Joan, Joan Starks...
Mother of my daddy, grandmother to me, and great grandmother to my babies.  The woman who loved, sacrificed, and raise my dad and taught him to love the gospel. A woman who is a beautiful example of faith, goodness, and quiet strength in everything she does. 

My Mother in law, Lael Parkinson...
Mother of my dearest husband, and grandmother to my babies.  The woman who loved, nurtured, and sacrificed to help make my husband the man he has become.  A woman who has truly taken the time to get to know and love me.  A woman I felt proud to name my sweet daughter after.  

Grandma Opal, Opal Parkinson...
Mother of my father in law, grandmother to my dearest husband, and great grandmother to my sweet babies.  A woman who has loved many, and has generations of wonderful children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren to prove it.  

Grandma Marion, Marion Jean Christensen...
Mother of my mother, grandmother to me, and great grandmother to my children.  A woman who raised many daughters, who helped us all become the strong, independent women we are today.  A woman that I can sit with and talk for hours and hours and never get bored.  A woman who fed me, and loved me, and was always a car ride away through my college years.  I love that I can go home and take these four generation photos with her.

My Mother, Shannon Starks...
Mother to me, grandmother to my lucky babies.  A woman who I love more than words.  A woman who I am blessed to call mother, and friend.  The woman who gave me the greatest gift, my life.  A woman who sacrificed so much for me, supported me through thick and thin, and has been an ever present example of strength, and faith.  A woman who always made me feel loved, and told me that I can do anything.  The woman who gave me the greatest knowledge, that I was a daughter of Heavenly Father and He loves me.  


I only hope my babies grow up to know just how lucky they are to come from so many wonderful, strong, loving, and faithful women. 

 And in case you were wondering, yes, I cried writing this too...

8 comments:

Liz said...

You are so lucky to be surrounded by such strong, amazing women! No wonder you are so great.

Tiffanee said...

I almost cried reading it!

melissa ( : said...

They will... because you are their mommy and you'll make sure they know just how lucky they are.

Hope your mothers day was nice!

Erin Starks-Teeter said...

I love the new pretty tulip picture! You guys look great.

Robyn said...

This was so sweet. I know- especially after a weekend with you- that your kids will call you blessed.

pianomom said...

You CAN do anything, and you ARE a daughter of God. And you do a great job of making me cry:-)

pianomom said...

You CAN do anything, and you ARE a daughter of God. And you do a great job of making me cry:-)

shelby said...

and you mom makes really good chocolate chip cookies!!! :)

Big Brother.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Big Sister.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Sister.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers