Monday, March 3, 2008

My Winnie the Pooh Nursery at last!


I've always had a fondness for Winnie the Pooh. In fact, in high school the back window of my car was full of Winnie the Pooh stuffed animals. I carried around a Winnie the Pooh and Tigger fork and spoon in my backpack for lunches. People gave me lots and lots of Winnie the Pooh stuff actually and I've saved it over the years for my kids. When I was pregnant with Alec I decided that I really wanted to have a Winnie the Pooh nursery, but it was all so expensive that I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money on the border, etc. I bought a few things, but I've kept my eye on stuff at Target and when it goes on clearance I've picked up a little bit more here and there. Before Elyssa was born a bunch of stuff went on clearance and I decided to buy some boarder to finish off the new nursery (we moved the nursery to a different room that was a little bigger so both cribs could fit). We were half way done painting the nursery when Elyssa was born. I thought for sure we would just have to live with the room covered in Primer, but some sweet friends in our ward came to the rescue and got it all painted in an hour! My mom and Nick got the border up one evening and then a week later they moved all the furniture in. I love my Winnie the Pooh nursery and though I know it probably doesn't make any difference to my kids, it sure brightens my day when I go in there.

No comments:

Big Brother.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Big Sister.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Sister.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers