Tuesday, January 5, 2010

~Snowmen, Shopping for Santa, and Early Arrivals~

After a small dose of persuasion and some internet flight hunting I convinced my mother to fly out a few days earlier than planned. Grandma Shannon arrived in town Monday afternoon after a happily uneventful flight. Leaving the kids home napping with Ryan, Erin and I raced to pick my mom up from the airport and headed straight to Costco where we stocked up on all sorts of deliciousness. Monday night brought more snow, so of course Alec wanted to make his way outside to build a snowman Tuesday morning. Lyssa desperately wanted to make cookies. With so many adults around both of their wishes were almost instantly granted.
Rolling snowballs for Frosty.
The beautiful finished product, topped with a Preston High beanie cap.
After making cookies for a while Lyssa noticed Alec was having way too much fun with Grandma Shannon and decided to venture out herself.
Grandma introducing Lyssa to our snowman.
Then while the kids were napping, Erin and I kidnapped my mother and coerced her into trying on brand new clothes from a non-thrift store. This type of thing doesn't happen too often, but it was Santa's wish to get her some brand new clothes and we were up to the task to find things that she liked that fit well. Erin and I have always enjoyed shopping.
Explaining to my mother that yes, at the Gap she is a size 2. She was stunned and bewildered. She's never been a size 2 ankle before. I've never been a 0 petite before either. Vanity sizing is alive and well at the Gap. :-)
Mom playing mannequin. She's much cuter than any of them. They don't even have heads!
"It fits and I like it!" I enjoyed getting Erin to try on clothes that I love but don't fit my body type. She pulls off the fitted styles so well.
Mom loved this shirt almost instantly. Santa approved when I gave it to him as well. Apparently my mother was wearing something similar the night my parents met. :-) Ahh... so romantic that Santy Claus.
Erin pulling off another shirt I tried. It looks great on her. The red shirt was too big, but don't you fret. I found the navy blue in my size on the sale rack... and proceeded to wear it in almost all the other pictures take of me over the holidays. No need to show it off here. :-)
We came home to this happy scene!!!!
Due to crazy incoming weather my Dad and brothers loaded up the car and drove through Monday night arriving in Des Moines Tuesday afternoon. Instant friendship between these two guys. Instant love between my kiddos and all my siblings this time actually. It was the stuff dreams are made of watching them all together. Happy day!

1 comment:

shelby said...

aww that picture of the boys reading a story is sooo cute! and kudos on the excellent snowman!

Big Brother.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Big Sister.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Sister.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers