Sunday, October 2, 2011

~Idaho Vacation 2011: A Morning at the Park~

We have made many good friends from all over the United States while living in Iowa.  Sadly for us, many of our good friends have moved for jobs, residency, etc.  Lucky for us, some of them have family near our family so we get to see them!  My good friend, Mandy James, is from Logan and had moved out there at the beginning of the summer to live near family during her husband's fourth year medical school rotations.  I was so excited to be so close so we could see each other and let the kids play!!!!
Mandy knows her way around Logan pretty well and was able to recommend an AWESOME park for us to meet up and play! We both have three kids around the same age who were able to play the morning away, having an awesome time. Alec was in Heaven with his buddy, Carter. 
(Sweet Benton was hiding.  He didn't want to be in the picture.)
Our baby girls are only two months apart and it was fun to see their reactions to each other.  Babies always love other babies, and these little girls could have been best friends.  :-)
I must admit my favorite part was just sitting back, relaxing, and talking Mandy's ear off for THREE hours.  Yes, we hung out chatting up a storm for three whole hours. 
(Don't worry.  We had snacks for the kids and Nick brought us some yummy Cafe Rio for lunch.)

It was so nice to be around someone who already knows me and my strengths and weaknesses... someone who loves me despite it all, and someone who I absolutely adore right back.  I felt like our conversations picked right up where we left off two months earlier.  As sad as it is to see people leave, I am forever grateful for good friends like Miss Mandy that have come into my life.
Thanks for an awesome morning, Mandy, Carter, Benton, and Adelyn!  

2 comments:

pianomom said...

So nice to have friends like that!

Kelly said...

Makes me homesick! I grew up a couple of blocks from here.

Big Brother.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Big Sister.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Sister.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers